Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Duty Station: Kampala
Type and Duration of Appointment: Fixed-Term Appointment (One year with possible extension)
· Under the guidance of the Child Protection Specialist, Violence against Children, the incumbent will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of assigned programme/projects within the Child Protection Sector by: Contributing to data analysis and progress reporting; Providing technical input and community level experience to government and inter-agency policy development and review;
· Enhancing of teamwork and capacity building of government counterparts in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with country programme goals and strategy.
· The incumbent will work closely with other programme sectors supporting the section had to ensure linkages across sectors in programming for vulnerable children.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· University degree in the social sciences, law or child development.
· Two years of progressively relevant professional work experience at the national level in programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection Programmes or related field.
· Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields Negotiating, advocacy, and training skills.
· Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
· Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
· Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results
· Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Learning and Researching, Planning and Organizing.
How to Apply:
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29 January, 2013. Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org