Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Organisation: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Job Purpose: Under the guidance of the Chief Field Operations and Emergency, and in close collaboration with the technical sections and Zonal offices, the incumbent is responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, as well as carrying out periodic programme reviews with partners, of the country programme in regards to decentralized approach, disaster risk reduction (DRR) rollout and emergency preparedness and response codification.
The incumbent will provide leadership and technical assistance for innovative approaches to DRR and emergency preparedness;
Participate in the preparation of programme status implementation reports as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, or related technical field.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in programme formulation, planning, management, monitoring and evaluation, some of which should be in emergency programme management and operations.
- Versatility, judgment, maturity and ability to work in a team. Ability to cope with stressful and difficult conditions and political/cultural sensitivity.
- Current knowledge of development issues, policies, as well as social programming policies and procedures in international development DRR and emergency response and cooperation.
- Proven ability to conceptualise, innovate, execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Good analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations both within and outside the organisation.
How to Apply:
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline is 21 January, 2013
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline