Job Title: Programme Assistant
Grade: GS 5
Duty Station: Kampala
Type and Duration of Appointment: Fixed Term Appointment (One year with possible extension)
· Under close supervision and technical guidance of the Chief of Learning, the incumbent will assist in collecting information on subject-matter activities of the country or area;
· Maintain, prepare documentation and correspondence pertaining to programme activities, making necessary abstracts and computations;
· Maintain and keep control plans on the status of projects at the formulation, implementation and operational stages;
· Prepare background material, working papers and tables for briefing and review sessions;
· Carry out specific budget operational tasks for activities related to the section’s projects implementation;
· Summarise information reflecting current obligations and future programme and budgetary implications;
· Carry out specific operational/control tasks for programme implementation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by formal training in relevant courses in Business Administration/Management/Project administration/ Database management.
· Five years of office experience, including record-keeping and processing of information, of which at least one year is closely related to support of programme activities.
· Good command of written and spoken English.
· Aptitude for figures and accuracy.
· Computer skills, including internet navigation and use of various MS Office applications.
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
· Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
· Core Competencies (Required): Communication [I]; Working with People [II]; Drive for Results [I]
· Functional Competencies (Required): Analyzing [I]; Learning and Researching [I]; Planning and Organizing [I]; Following instructions and Procedures [I]
How to Apply:
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29 January, 2013. Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org