Job Title: Programme Specialist
Duty Station: Moroto, Uganda
Organisation: United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF)
Job Purpose: Under the guidance of the Chief Zone Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities related to achieving results for children in the selected group of districts.
The incumbent will provide technical advice and assistance and capacity building programmes to UNICEF Partners ;
- Analyze and evaluate data and take corrective action when necessary, to meet programme/project objectives;
- Participate in the development of the workplan, ensuring compliance with specific assigned objectives; Coordinate supply and non-supply assistance and ensure proper and timely accountability;
- Participate in intersectoral collaboration with other programmes;
- Prepare the sectoral documents and write Programme Status reports as required:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Advanced university degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Business Administration, Public Health, Education, or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in social development, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, some at the international level.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in stressful/difficult conditions.
- Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
- Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
- Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results
- Functional Competencies (Required): Leading and Supervising; Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Analyzing; Relating and Networking; Persuading and Influencing; Creating and Innovating
How to Apply:
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_ MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist,
UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street,
P.O. Box 7047, Kampala-Uganda.
Via email to: email@example.com
Deadline is 21 January, 2013