Job Title: Regional Finance Officer
Organisation: Accounting for International Development
Accounting for International Development primarily provides volunteer accountants for grassroots charities across Africa, Asia and South America but we do also handle a small number of paid jobs. Our partner is a well-known international NGO that works to alleviate suffering all over the world. They are seeking a Regional Finance Officer for their Ugandan Country Office.
Job Summary: The role of the Regional Finance Officer is to assist the Regional Finance Manager (RFM) in helping the finance teams in the region manage the finances of the various programmes in each country. In addition, the Regional Finance Officer will assist the RFM to provide the financial monitoring and support for a number of the NGO’s multi country projects.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Financial Management and Reporting
· Prepare and maintain the regional accounts in accordance with policies and procedures Help the country offices prepare the annual budget and revised forecasts
· Help the RFM prepare any regional budgets and forecasts, including the mapping and phasing of multi-country programmes
· Submit a monthly checklist to the RFM in line with the monthly reporting timetable
· Assist the RFM with the review of all financial donor reports in the region
- Financial Monitoring – Country Programmes
· Undertake visits to ensure quality is maintained in all aspects of financial management.
· Help the RFM review the monthly checklists, with reconciliations prepared by each country office
· Support the RFM in coordination on the internal audit of local offices.
- Financial Monitoring – Regional Budgets and Multi Country Programmes (MCP)
· Assist the RFM in providing timely & accurate financial monitoring reports for the regional budgets
· Assist the Regional and MCP budget holders with variance and burn rate analysis on a monthly basis
· Help the RFM prepare MCP external donor financial reporting
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
The candidate should have ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc
- University degree
- Knowledge of NGO donors and their financial reporting requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ accountancy experience, with at least 1 year in a managerial position
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Excellent computer and excel skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to travel to countries within the region
How to apply:
Please visit our website www.afid.org.uk and send your CV to the email address on our contact page.
Deadline: 29 Jan 2013