Job Title: Project Manager
Job Purpose: To co-ordinate and support the installation of a new Enterprise Resource System (ERP) (Navision 13), at Medical Research Council. The ERP will electronically control the finance, HR, purchasing, stores, administrative and other integrated business critical systems on which the organisation depends to function effectively
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist in designing the elements of the project plan for project implementation and monitor completion of tasks.
· Conduct quality acceptance activities in accordance with the project approach.
· Attend project and supplier meetings as required.
· Recommend solutions to the Operations Director and UK project manager in respect of testing, process or design issues, documenting any issues, problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
· Ensure coordination of the business interfaces in Navision set up across the different areas of the MRC/UVRI operations.
· Prepare and/or edit meeting minutes, presentations and tables and update tracking tools regularly.
· File all project documents (hard and soft copies)
· Provide administrative support to the Project and the Operational Directors in respect of the project.
· Follow up with the internal staff and sub-contractors for progress reports.
· Coordinate staff training in accordance with the planned go-live schedules.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Will have previously worked on a Navision installation – in depth knowledge and experience of Navision essential.
· Understands project lifecycle activities.
· Previous design experience of Management Information Systems.
· Can communicate effectively and efficiently with a wide range of business users, stakeholders and project staff.
· Must be able to work to deadlines and deal with tasks in a structured manner.
· Will have experience and awareness of Finance, Procurement & HR processes
· Knowledge of stock control processes and warehouse functions (i.e. stock issue and replenishment).
· Experienced in migration of data from legacy to new systems and familiarity of the controls required.
· Will have supported either in-house or hosted IT applications as part of a team or in isolation.
· SQL programming experience to develop and implement bespoke reports.
· Qualified accountant.
· Accredited Microsoft engineer.
· Experience of having implemented a barcoding system.
· Experience of working in the NGO or life Sciences research environment with international donors.
How to Apply:
Location: The positions will be based in Entebbe with periodic travel to field stations located at Masaka, Kyamulibwa & Kampala.
Start date: As soon as possible Applications including copies of academic qualifications, curriculum vitae and names plus telephone contact details of two (2) referees should either be addressed to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager
MRC/UVRI Uganda Research Unit on AIDS
P.O. Box 49 Entebbe or send by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 31st January 2013
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline