Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international nonprofit public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including STAR-E in Eastern Uganda. STAR-E is a 5-year USAID-supported District-based HIV/TB Project ending in March 2014, focuses on the prevention, care, and treatment of HIV/TB in health facilities and communities, headquartered in Mbale, with activities in Budaka, Bududa, Bukwo, Busia, Bulaleja, Kapchorwa, Mbale, Pallisa, Bulambuli, Kween, Kibuku and Sironko districts.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Responsible for overseeing the implementation of the scale up of Safe male circumcision in the supported districts to the required targets for a public health impact.
· Coordinate the implementation of SMC through public sector facilities as well as through dedicated SMC teams
· S/he will work with the Director – District Operations and respective District Health Officers (DHOs) to ensure that the SMC implementation plan is rolled out on schedule; dedicated teams are recruited, equipped and resourced; SMC consumables are quantified, requisitioned and distributed in a timely manner; systems for outreach site set up and management are in place and comply with required standards; and that all financial transactions that support SMC scale up are executed in accordance with MSH financial regulations and in a timely manner.
· Work with the Director – District Operations, Senior Technical Advisors and DHOs to develop district specific plans taking into consideration district specific targets, demand creation, available static sites and dedicated teams.
· S/he will work with the HR Specialist to manage the welfare of staff recruited as dedicated SMC teams including performance management
· Coordinate the flow of SMC data from both static & outreach sites using the prescribed tools/formats in the prescribed time frames
· S/he shall work with the project technical staff and district staff to ensure that protocols for effective management of medical waste are adhered to at all SMC sites.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Degree holder in Business Administration, Accounting and Logistics
· Relevant experience of at least 3 years including drawing up of budgets/work plans , handling of procurements, coordinating teams performing work in the field - will be an added advantage,
· Ability to work in a high pressure environment with a diverse range of individuals and deliver results on time,
· At least one year's post- qualification experience in internal and external quality assurance in health service delivery is an added advantage,
· Will also require significant travel into the supported districts.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please forward your application (cover letter, CV and relevant academic documentation) addressed to the Human Resources Partner, to the following addresses.
In Kampala: MSH, Plot 15 Princess Ann Drive, Bugolobi, P. 0. Box 71419, Kampala Or email: HRUG@msh.org
In Mbale: STAR-E Project, Mbale P.O.BOX 929 Plot 34-36 Bungokho Road, Senior Quarters: Or email: HRUG@msh.org
Deadline: Not later than 12.00 Noon by Friday, 1st February 2013.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline