Job Title: Logistics Officer M&E –Private-for-Profit and Company Health Facilities, SURE Program (Kampala)
Reports to: Technical Advisor – SURE
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including SURE, both in Kampala and other parts of the country.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
STAR E LQAS is charged with supporting the USAID-funded SO8 district-based Implementing Partners (IPs) to implement LQAS in their respective districts.
MSH now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Job Summary: The Senior Data Specialist will support the management of the national LQAS database and the development of data analysis procedures. The Senior Data Specialist will support the central LQAS database for capturing, managing and analyzing data resulting from community LQAS survey and health facility assessment. S/he will also provide support and training for data base design and maintenance, data transfer from district level, editing and data quality procedures, analysis and use at the central level.
Job Summary: The Logistics Officer-M&E will provide technical support to Private-for-Profit (PFP) and company health facilities in the supply chain management of HIV/AIDS commodities and ensure smooth transition following winding up of the HIPS project.
S/he will ensure that PFP and Company facilities order for their supplies in a timely manner using the right supply chain tools.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
S/he will also support the roll out of the Web-based ARV Ordering and reporting system (WAOS) among these clinics and ensure effective utilization and management of HIV/AIDS commodities. In addition the jobholder will:
· Train PFP facility staff in the use of the Web-based ARV Ordering System (WAOS) and supply management skills.
· Support the integration of the mobile phone technology introduced by HIPS into WAOS so that facilities continue reporting.
· Coordinate reporting and ordering of ARVs into the webbased system in a timely manner and the follow up nonreporting PFP and Company facilities.
· Coordinate with Joint Medical Stores to ensure timely capture of data into the web-based ARV ordering system and generation of allocation lists from the system
· Strengthen data utilization from the WAOS to facilitate evidence based decision making.
· Prepare periodical performance reports as required by SURE program
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Professional degree in supply chain management, monitoring and evaluation, social sciences or related field
· 3 years work experience in supporting Privatefor- Profit health and company facilities in supply chain management
· Work experience with medicines Logistics management information systems is an added advantage
· Understanding of the Uganda private and public health systems
· Experience with USAID supported programs is an added advantage.
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate with other stakeholders in developing creative and strategic solutions to achieve common goals.
· Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
· Demonstrated strong organizational, administrative, communications and reporting skills.
· Strong teamwork and team-building skills
· Proficiency in English required, including ability to write lucid technical reports and documents.
· Demonstrated computer skills, including knowledge Microsoft office suite.
How to Apply:
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess
Ann Drive Bugolobi, P. O. Box 71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org . Deadline: February 8, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates. Please note that any form of canvassing by candidates will lead to immediate disqualification
Note: Detailed job descriptions can be accessed at www.sure.ug