Organisation: International Rescue Committee
Job Summary: The WPE Technical Coordinator is based in Kampala and travels regularly to the Acholi and Karamoja regions to support the WPE teams at field level. S/he is responsible for delivering high quality programs through strategy development, program design, implementation and evaluation of all GBV-related activities within IRC Uganda. S/he also provides technical advisory and writing support on business development opportunities. Primary duties will include strengthening the WPE sector and providing technical oversight of WPE programming across three regions of implementation; northern Uganda, Karamoja and Kampala. This position is part of the Senior Management team of IRC Uganda.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of a WPE sector strategy that articulates the vision in line with the country strategy and lays out the ‘master’ program design.
- Lead the design, drafting and implementation process of projects, including annual work plans, performance monitoring plans and log frames to inform ongoing implementation and new program design.
- Provide ongoing technical advice, direct support and guidance to the WPE teams to effectively monitor implementation of program activities.
- Ensure budget management by regularly monitoring expenditures and making adjustments as necessary.
Identify new funding opportunities and play a leadership role in developing high quality proposals and budgets that are consistent with the overall WPE country sector strategy for submission to donors. This includes close collaboration with the other IRC sectors including Health, Children and Youth – Protection and Development, Economic Recovery and Development as well as Governance and Peace Building to innovative and effective inclusion of WPE components in the integrated programs IRC delivers.
- Assist in identifying and exploring opportunities for the professional development of program staff, including capacity building training, exchanges, formal performance reviews and ongoing coaching.
- Liaise with donor representatives and national authorities in Uganda to keep them abreast of the project and developments.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Post-graduate degree in social work, social sciences, public health, community health, or related field
- At least three years experience working in the field of gender-based violence, protection, gender in Africa
- Demonstrated experience in human resource management, capacity building and mentoring Proven skills in program management including budget management, donor reporting and monitoring.
- Program development experience including donor / governmental liaison and proposal writing preferred
- Organized and detail-oriented with multi-tasking abilities with ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Excellent leadership and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written; Acholi or Ngakarimojong an advantage.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time to northern Uganda and Karamoja
NB: Ugandan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Ugandan NGO Sector.
How to apply:
Send CV and cover letter clearly indicating the position applied for to: The Human Resource and Administration Manager, International Rescue Committee, P.O. Box 24672 Kampala; OR Email: UA-IRCJobs@Rescue.org or apply through the IRC website.
Deadline: 22 Jan 2013