Job Title: Sub-County NAADS Coordinator
Location: Oyam district
The National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) is a Government of Uganda agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries with new approaches for the delivery of extension services.
This agency is intended to have a decentralized, farmer owned and public/private sector Agricultural service extension system contributing to the realization of the agricultural sector objectives.
The programme is designed in accordance with the overall Government policies of decentralization, liberalization, privatization and empowerment of farmers in decision-making.
The NAADS Secretariat now wishes to recruit suitable candidates to fill vacant positions both at the Secretariat and in the various district Local Governments.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
In carrying out his or her duties, the SNC will be responsible for;
- Coordinating overall implementation of NAADS activities at the Sub-County level.
- Ensuring development of Sub-County work plans and budgets for provision of Agricultural Advisory Services to farmers.
- Consolidating Sub-county annual work plans/budgets into the sub-county advisory services work plan and budget including quantitative and qualitative indicators.
- Ensure incorporation of the NAADS Work plan and budget into the overall sub-county work plan/ budget.
- Coordinates and ensures application of standards and criteria for selection of service providers and procurement of goods and services.
- Ensures that the identified farmers advisory services and technology needs are met.
- Supervise NAADS implementation in the Sub-county.
- Coordinate and Facilitate NAADS Sub-county meetings and act as Secretary to the Sub-County Farmer For a
- As a vote holder for provision of agricultural advisory services supervises NAADS expenditures and ensure accountability and value for money.
- Collaborates with all Sub-county Procurement units (Finance, Audit, Planning, Environment) for the effective implementation of NAADS activities.
- In collaboration with the Sub-County Procurement Committee, provides technical and administrative support to Farmer Fora for the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinates identification of Capacity Development needs of service providers and ensures they are met.
- Participates in sub-county planning and review meetings.
- Receive and review all reports including monitoring and evaluation studies of NAADS at Sub-County level.
- Preparation and production of progress reports both Financial and physical and ensure submission to the district.
- Undertakes any other duties that may be assigned to him from time to time by either the District NAADS Coordinator or the Sub-County Chief.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Agriculture, Fisheries, Veterinary Medicine or related field disciplines.
- Additional qualification in any of the following areas; Natural Agricultural Sciences, Agricultural extension, Rural Development and thorough knowledge of the working area will be an added advantage.
- At least three years relevant working experience in rural development or related field and working with farmers.
- Computer literacy in standard Computer Packages (Word Processing and Spread Sheet Packages).
- A person of high integrity, team player, good communicator (spoken & written) and demonstrable excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be ready to work under pressure with minimum supervision
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit applications not later than Friday, 25th January 2013, to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road Legacy Towers,
P.O. Box 25235, Kampala- Uganda
For Positions Based in the Districts interested applicants should fill Public Service Commission form 3 (revised 2008) available at the office of the Secretary Public Service Commission or Secretaries District Service Commissions countrywide.
The filled forms together with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating proof of previous employment, two passport size photographs, names and addresses of three referees, applicants daytime telephone contact and photocopies of all certified academic certificates/testimonials should be submitted to the various Secretaries of the respective District Service Commissions of Napak, Bukedea, Lyatonde and Oyam districts not later than Friday 25th January 2013 at 5:00p.m