DSW (Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevoelkerurtg) is an international development and advocacy organisation with headquarters in Hannover, offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda, and liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels. In addition, we are working in partnership with sub- grantees in Burkina Faso, Mall, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, India, Indonesia, Nepal, and Pakistan.
DSW is politically and religiously independent.1t has a Board of Directors and an Advisory Board that advises and monitors its operations. DSW is a partner of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) and has consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). It is also a’ member of numerous national and international networks and co-operates with recognised international organisations, non-governmental organisations, research institutes and experts. In the countries in wfiich it operates, DSW has close relations with local and national government ministries, Members of Parliament and other decision makers.
For more information see www.dsw-online.org
Job Summary: To be based in Uganda Country Office, Kampala, the NDM- F&A is the link between the Country Director (CD) dealing with strategic decisions and the operationalization of the strategic goals and objectives at country office level, (S)He works in close cooperation with the CD and the other National Department Managers to ensure the effective and efficient planning, implementation and evaluation of projects within his/her area of responsibility. The NDM- F&A is part of the Country Office Management Team. (S)He works in close cooperation with the respective International Team Managers (ITMS) on the international level and follows up the day to day working relation with the National Team Coordinators (NTC) of the finance and administration department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
General areas of responsibility: Organisational development:
· Provide strategic recommendations to the CD regarding departmental inputs to the implementation of the strategic plan objectives
· Support the CD in staffing decisions
· Support the CD with the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and procedures
· Support the National Team coordinators in the finance and administration department in the implementation of departmental or DSW strategies which take place in close collaboration with the ITM’s
· Ensure the development, implementation and monitoring of financial and administrative find. HR) guidelines and procedures and ensure compliance with governmental laws and regulations
· Supervision of country office finance and administration staff; provide direction and leadership
· Ensure that financial and administrative reports are submitted on time and comply with high quality standards
· Ensure that CO audit and other financial obligations are fulfilled as per DSW’s standards and government requirements
· Responsible for the financial compliance, the bookkeeping and controlling with regard to the consolidated DSW balance sheet, timely and correct financial reporting to HO and donors. Work closely with the other Department Managers (and ITMs) to ensure adherence to DSW’s policy guidelines with regard to finance and administration
· Development and implementation of training and coaching programmes
· Provide technical support for the departments team coordinators Represents DSW overall interest and perspectives towards external and internal stakeholders Any other duties assigned by the country director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Degree from an accredited university in BBA/B.Com(Acc). MBA, MSC /Accounting/Finance) is an added advantage MUST have a professional Accounting qualification like ACCA or CPA.
· Should have excellent computer skills in use of Ms Excel, Ms Word and PowerPoint.
· Knowledge and experience in usage of SUN Accounting & QuickBooks Software is a Must:
· Should have at least five years of relevant work experience In an NGO preferably an International NGO, at a senior level.
· Should be experienced with financial regulations and reporting for major donors e.g EC . USAID
· Other Desired Competencies:
· Strong and proven financial management skills within projects
· Ability to deliver high quality work, giving attention to details within deadlines
· Ability to solve problems creatively, multitask and learn new concepts quickly
· Ability to work with minimum supervision Good communication skills and ability to work well in a team
· Ability to initiate, design and implement financial systems and control procedures.
How to Apply:
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel.
If you are interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter) with reference to the job title to: email@example.com or through post to DSW 339900 Kampala. Uganda or Hand delivered to Plot 17, Naziba Close, Lubowa.
Deadline: 2nd February 2013
Ideal start date: As soon as possible
Please note that only short listed: candidates will be contacted