Job Title: District NAADS Coordinator
Location: Napak, Bukedea and Lyantonde districts
Location: NAADS Secretariat
Number of Positions: 03
The National Agricultural Advisory Services (NAADS) is a Government of Uganda agency under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries with new approaches for the delivery of extension services.
This agency is intended to have a decentralized, farmer owned and public/private sector Agricultural service extension system contributing to the realization of the agricultural sector objectives.
The programme is designed in accordance with the overall Government policies of decentralization, liberalization, privatization and empowerment of farmers in decision-making.
The NAADS Secretariat now wishes to recruit suitable candidates to fill vacant positions both at the Secretariat and in the various district Local Governments.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
Reporting to the District Production Coordinator, (DPC) the District NAADS Coordinator (DNC) will be responsible for undertaking the following functions:
- Coordinate and Supervise implementation of NAADS programme activities in the district.
- Consolidate the Sub-County annual work plans and coordinate development of District NAADS annual work plans and activities. The Coordinator will ensure timely presentation of consolidated NAADS plans and budgets for integration into the district work plan and budget.
- Develop quantitative and qualitative indicators from the immediate objectives and outputs of the District NAADS programme activities.
- Working with Subject Matter Specialists (SMS’s) ensures application of standards and criteria for selection of service providers and procurement of goods.
- In collaboration with the District Contracts Committee, provide technical assistance to districts, Sub-Counties and Farmer Fora towards the tendering process and review of all procurements for the District NAADS Programme.
- Receive and review all reports including monitoring and evaluation, technical and financial reports of NAADS programme at District and Sub-County levels.
- Facilitate District NAADS programme meetings and act as Secretary to the District Farmer Forum.
- Coordinate with the District Finance office on financial management matters.
- Under the leadership of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) and the District Production Coordinator (DPC), supervise NAADS expenditures to ensure accountability and value for money.
- Any other duties assigned to him/her by the Chief Administrative Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Agriculture, Fisheries, Veterinary Medicine or related disciplines.
- A postgraduate qualification in any of the following areas; Agribusiness, Agricultural Extension, Rural Development and Agricultural Economics will be an added advantage.
- At least five years relevant working experience in Agricultural Extension or Rural Development.
- Computer literacy in standard Computer Packages (Word processing and Spread Sheet Packages)
- Should have the following personal & professional qualities; Innovativeness, interpersonal skills, team work, leadership and adaptability to novel approaches to agricultural service delivery.
- A good understanding of principles and practice of community based participatory methods and approaches for agricultural development.
- A strong knowledge/experience of contemporary cross cutting issues in rural and agricultural development including poverty, gender, environmental and social economic concerns.
- Demonstrated, administrative and management skills including an understanding of the decentralization policy and operations of Local Governments.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit applications not later than Friday, 25th January 2013, to:
The Executive Director,
Plot 5 Kyadondo Road Legacy Towers,
P.O. Box 25235, Kampala- Uganda
For Positions Based in the Districts interested applicants should fill Public Service Commission form 3 (revised 2008) available at the office of the Secretary Public Service Commission or Secretaries District Service Commissions countrywide.
The filled forms together with detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating proof of previous employment, two passport size photographs, names and addresses of three referees, applicants daytime telephone contact and photocopies of all certified academic certificates/testimonials should be submitted to the various Secretaries of the respective District Service Commissions of Napak, Bukedea, Lyatonde and Oyam districts not later than Friday 25th January 2013 at 5:00p.m