Reports: Technical Advisor
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an international non-profit, public health organisation with headquarters in USA, whose purpose is to strengthen health programs worldwide. MSH Uganda is currently running a number of USAID and other donor funded projects including SURE, both in Kampala and other parts of the country.
SURE (Securing Ugandans’ Right to Essential Medicines) will ensure that the population of Uganda has access to adequate quantities of good quality essential medicines and health supplies (EMHS) by strengthening the national essential medicines and health commodities supply system.
STAR E LQAS is charged with supporting the USAID-funded SO8 district-based Implementing Partners (IPs) to implement LQAS in their respective districts.
MSH now invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position:
Job Summary: The Senior Data Specialist will support the management of the national LQAS database and the development of data analysis procedures. The Senior Data Specialist will support the central LQAS database for capturing, managing and analyzing data resulting from community LQAS survey and health facility assessment. S/he will also provide support and training for data base design and maintenance, data transfer from district level, editing and data quality procedures, analysis and use at the central level.
Job Summary: The Accountant is responsible for providing accounting and administrative support to the SURE Program, ensuring that all financial activities of the Project are conducted in accordance with MSH financial and administrative policies and procedures.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
The Accountant safeguards the assets of MSH against fraud, loss or damage. S/he ensures that all accounting, financial and administrative records are made in accordance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, USAID and MSH policies and regulations. In addition the job holder will:
- Prepare Payments and Journal Vouchers ensuring that the documents are legal and authentic and that all relevant and adequate support documentation is attached.
- Process staffs travel allowances/per diems/ allowances and staff program working advances ensuring that prior authorization and approval and that advances are cleared in a timely manner.
- Assist the Technical Advisor in preparing budgets, cash flow forecasts, monthly financial reports for the Regional Office
- Ensure timely and accurate financial accountability/ reporting from the district teams
- Establish and oversee all information and filing systems
- Support preparation and coordination of workshops/ trainings
- Manage the fleet of motorcycles for the districts in the region including monitoring usage/fuel management
- Coordinate request and maintain stock of office supplies for regional office and stationery for the district office
- In collaboration Kampala Headquarter Finance and Administration department, coordinate the procurement of goods and services for the regional office, an maintain and update all office inventory and asset records
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Accounting/ Finance from a recognized University
- 3 years of financial and administrative experience
- Knowledge of USAID regulations preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; Ability to work independently and to multi-task.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and experience in one accounting package.
- A firm understanding of Accounting and financial management principles, ability to create and monitor budgets, and pay attention to details
How to Apply:
All applications should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Partner – MSH, Plot 15 Princess
Ann Drive Bugolobi, P. O. Box 71419, Kampala Email: HRUG@msh.org . Deadline: February 8, 2013.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but can only acknowledge shortlisted candidates. Please note that any form of canvassing by candidates will lead to immediate disqualification
Note: Detailed job descriptions can be accessed at www.sure.ug