Job Title: Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Organisation: Invisible Children
Job Summary: Provide technical advice and leadership to the development of advanced Design, Monitoring, & Evaluation (DM&E) systems at Invisible Children Uganda (ICU) and ensure they are embedded in field level operations and programming with, a) a focus on increasing national staff capacity; and, b) a commitment to institutionalizing and nationalizing the DM&E system in a manner that underpins the organization’s overall strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. DM&E System Development and Unit Leadership
· Provide leadership in the development of an ICU wide DM&E strategy, informing and improving each program in line with the overall organization strategy.
· Lead the development and maintenance of a system that improves ICU’s ability to accurately represent outputs and impact to supporters, donors, government, colleague agencies, and participating communities.
· Provide real time information that can steer program implementation and direction in line with the overall ICU strategic plan.
· Work with senior management to address shortfalls in M&E that affect program implementation, including but not limited to, incorporation of simple user-friendly spatial and qualitative/quantitative data analysis systems using Access, GIS, SPSS and other tools.
2. Staff Supervision, Training and Capacity Building
· Develop a comprehensive staff training series to build team capacities in the areas of DM&E, professional project management, reporting, and impact analysis.
· Coordinate, monitor, and supervise the activities of DM&E staff and external consultants.
· Regularly visit project sites to ensure that monitoring systems are accurate and efficient and that program staff have the necessary DM&E skills.
3. Finance Roles
· Prepare and manage the ICU DM&E budget, enforcing internal controls.
4. Assessment, Evaluation, and Reporting
· Contribute to development of M&E tools for new programs and/or proposals and act as a link to all other offices on DM&E initiatives.
· Play a lead technical role in designing and conducting any program evaluations, working closely with a range of senior program staff.
· Regularly conduct project site visits with the PR and Communications Manager in order to maintain current information for accurate documentation and reporting and assist in timely reporting to donors.
· Coordinate and assist in the creation of management systems and forms that harmonize field needs and database reporting.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelors Degree, preferably in statistics or other relevant academic fields. Post-graduate qualifications in DM&E are an added advantage.
· At least 4 years experience with an International NGO in a similar role.
· Must be experienced in designing and establishing comprehensive DM&E systems.
· Must have strong training skills and experience working with a variety of donors.
· Must be familiar with selecting consultants and supervising consultancies.
· Familiarity with relevant data processing packages e.g Access, SPSS, GIS a plus.
· Fluency in English Language and strong writing skills.
· The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, flexible, able to work in difficult and stressful environments and follow established policies and procedures.
· S/he will be a team player with positive attitude, experienced in cross-cultural communication, and a strong manager able to lead in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
· Strong background and interest in team building and capacity-building of staff.
Job Position Details:
The duration of the contract is 1 year, with opportunity for renewal. The start date is immediate. In addition to the salary, the following benefits will be provided: Global Rescue International Medical and Security Evacuation Plan, Housing accommodations and weekday meals in Gulu, Uganda at team house, Vaccination, Visa and Work Permit costs, Per Diem for work related travel as per Invisible Children policy
How to apply:
Please Visit Link here http://invisiblechildren.force.com/careers/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0s70000001Wu1PAAS&tSource= for details and How to Apply
Deadline: 31 Dec 2012