Job Title: Logistics Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Our client is a cement manufacturer in Uganda that is seeking to recruit result driven and motivated individual for the Vacancy above;
Job Purpose: The purpose of the position is to develop and manage the logistics flows in the organization to serve the market demand while ensuring optimal inventories across all the holding sites in line with the sales demand of the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop 1- 3 year plans for Logistics services necessary to support the sales forecast and production outlook
· Translate quarterly and annual plans for the department to guide shorter term actions and exploit opportunities available in the business space.
· Continuous review of the Logistics processes (planning and execution), challenge status quo, identify opportunities to improve performance in order to increase service levels customer need and reduce costs
· Supplier partnership development and performance management to include capacity growth plans, equipment utilization and incentive programs ensuring growing loyalty and flexibility of operations.
· Safety Management with the transport partners and lead the safety and health initiatives implementations within the logistics function.
· Optimal inventory holding to ensure ability to serve the market and contain cost of stock, hence contributing to the free-cash-flow objective.
· Develop the team in order to meet career expectations and facilitate a culture of growth that promotes teamwork and continuous improvement and sustainability of the business processes.
· Dispatch and production planning within the context of the Sales and Operations Planning Process in line with the market requirement to address the immediate (1- 3 months) needs.
· Develop and implement internal controls to safeguard against product losses both in transit and at the depots.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Graduate with relevant qualifications a minimum of 5 years working experience in the field Procurement and/or Logistics.
· Knowledge and experience of modern supply chain tools, techniques, practices and IT systems.
· Computer skills MS office, experience of ERP systems is an added advantage.
· Experience of developing supplier partnerships in a complex, global multicultural environment.
· Assertive, good interpersonal & networking skills and a proven team player.
· Must be pro- active, adhere to deadlines, possess problem-solving skills, be a quick learner and able to work under pressure.
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly
Deadline: 17th December, 2012