Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Our client is a cement manufacturer in Uganda that is seeking to recruit result driven and motivated individual for the Vacancy above;
- Carry out liaison with Power supply authorities (UMEME) in case of power problems in the plant.
- Work very closely with Production, Quality and Mechanical sections to ensure effective co-ordination of Maintenance programs, High labour turn over and Management Financial controls.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enforces statutory regulations regarding safety, health and welfare of the Electrical team.
- Prepares, submit and constrols the annual electrical maintenance budget.
- Ensure the proper scheduling, planning and executing of all Electrical maintenance activities of the entire plant to achieve the plant reliability level.
- Provides on the spot guidance as required, develops skills, trains, motivates,carries out coaching and performance appraisal of the employees in the section
- Monitors, studies and improves the Plant’s Power Distribution system network.
- Liaises closely with the Power supply authority (UEMEME) regarding power concerns in the plant.
- In the absence of the Electrical Engineer represents the Electrical section in all plant operational meetings.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the Electrical/Electronics Engineering Disciplines or Higher National Diploma in Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- At least three years of professional experience in a related field.
- In depth knowledge of maintenance of all heavy electrical equipment like motors, transformers, switch gears, maintenance management methods, predictive inspection tools and computer based maintenance management systems.
- Knowledge of statutory rules and regulation regarding Electrical distribution.
- Up-front management skill (goal clarification, planning and problem solving, facilitating the work of others, obtaining and giving feedback, making control adjustment and reinforcing good performance).
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Leadership skills and good team player.
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly
Deadline: 11th December, 2012