Job Title: Agricultural Value Chain Specialist
Reports to: Chief Manager Agricultural Credit
Centenary Bank, the leading Commercial Microfinance Bank in Uganda seeks to recruit suitably qualified, experienced and competent persons in the following fields;
Job Summary: Develop and implement a system for analysing agricultural value chain processes to identify agricultural finance business opportunities for the Bank as per the divisional work plan.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop and implement annual work plans for the agricultural value chain unit inline with the divisional work plan.
· Conduct agribusiness risk, profitability and competitiveness analysis of different commercial crops value chains in line with set targets.
· Identify agricultural products that increase rural family farm incomes when sold on domestic, regional and/or international markets.
· Develop suitable loan and deposit products that suit agricultural value chains actors in line with the identified needs and Bank policies and procedures.
· Assess how different crop value chain profitability and competitiveness can be enhanced in an environmentally sustainable way.
· Review and recommend agricultural value chain innovations that can be effectively supported by the Bank to increase rural family incomes and livelihoods in line with the Bank policy and procedures
· Liaise with stake holder to design financial product concepts and proposals for products targeted at micro and smallholder agricultural farmers and other actors in value chains.
· Prepare and submit monthly reports on the products and services performance to management in line with Divisional work plan.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· An Honour's degree in Agribusiness management , Agric Economics, Agriculture and other relevant field from a. recognized University .
· Minimum of 3 years work experience in developing financial and service products in reputable Commercial Bank.
· Minimum 2 years experience working with agriculture value chains in the field.
· Demonstrated experience in research work.
· Good communication skills.
· Knowledge of financial sector and economic environment of the Bank.
· High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
· Ability to manage numerous deliverables in a timely and effective manner.
· Good knowledge of Banking Practices.
How to apply:
Interested staff who fully meet the above specifications are invited to apply by:
Downloading an application for employment form from www.centenarybank.co.ug
Fill “the form and enclose an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), plus any other copies of academic credentials that may not be on file
Submit the application not later than 18th December, 2012 to:
General Manager Human Resources Centenary Bank. Mapeera House: Plot 44-46 Kampala Road and Plot 2 Burton Street P. O. Box 1892 – Kampala