Job Title: Administrator
Organisation: CESVI - Cooperazione e Sviluppo Onlus
Duration: 6 months (renewable)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Work Context: Cesvi operates in the Pader (Kalongo and Patongo), Karamoja (Abim, Kaabong), Kayunga and Lango areas.
Sector activities include: water and rural development with the construction and rehabilitation of wells; protection and management of water resources; construction of latrines; distribution of seeds and farm tools; agricultural training; health with local authority training and health centres; prevention of mother-to-child Hiv transmission; integrated approach in the fight against HIV/AIDS; emergency with the reconstruction of schools and the distribution of non-food items.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, supervise and deliver all project and programme related administrative functions: accounting, budgeting, procurement, financial reporting and monitoring;
- Ensure that the management of the program will comply with administrative procedures of Donors, local Law and Cesvi and will develop procedures and guidelines to this end, as well as provide on-the-job training and supervise administrative staff;
- Ensure an adequate reporting to the Country Representative/Desk Officer, as regard to the management/control of financial flows of the various projects, constantly monitoring expenses and cash flow (final balance and budget analysis);
- Plan, supervise and control project and programme logistic functions;
- Assist the Country Representative/Project Manager in the preparation of contracts with suppliers, partners and service providers, and monitor contract administrative performance.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Economics, Business Studies, Accounting 2 years experience in developing country
- Knowledge of UE administrative and procurement procedures
- Experience in supervision and planning of field logistics
- Strong leadership and experience in supervising multi-cultural staff
- Experience with NGO procedures, approaches, and operations
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, accounting software
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
Fluency in Italian (spoken and written)
How to apply:
To apply Please visit: http://www.cesvi.org/68_2012-adm-uga
Deadline: 05 Jan 2013