Job Title: Sales Manager (Mobile Money & Transactions)
Our Client is the biggest mobile phone retailer in East Africa that is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidate for the above vacancy;
· This role takes responsibility of the Company’s Mobile Money & Transactions product vertical. This is primarily an operational sales and retail management role, maximizing the mobile money business through Company’s retail network and building other financial transaction based financial services through the same channel.
· The position will have responsibility for the management, sales and promotion of the services.
· The role also contains a business development aspect to it with a view of expanding Company ability to provide financial and transaction services such international money transfer services, prepaid vending services etc.
· The person will hold a separate Profit and Loss statement for the MM & Transaction Vertical, to which direct and indirect costs will be allocated. The vertical is currently profitable and the person will be expected to maximize profit potential from the MM product vertical within 12 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- With the GM: Retail, be largely be responsible for the development of the Mobile Money and financial and transaction services growth strategy for the company including the establishment of an annual mobile money and financial transaction revenue budget and gross margin forecast.
- Manage all mobile money operational retail and sales activities to maximize margins and achieve revenue targets and goals
- MM sub-agent channel: Appoint mobile money sub-agents and manage this channel
- Monitor performance and productivity of mobile money handler staff in the Company retail shops
- Responsible, with the assistance of HR and Retail Operation manager, to, co-ordinate and schedule continual staff training.
- Direct the development and implementation of processes, controls and procedures within the MM & Transaction product vertical and ensure high levels of adherence to such controls and processes.
- In conjunction with the Retail Operations Manager, effectively ensure that an equitable allocation of retail space and resources are provided to the mobile money business.
- Act as a liason between MTN and Company regards all mobile money related matters
- Coordinate in conjunction with Marketing Dept, the promotion and marketing of Mobile money and any new financial transaction services that Company may offer the market
- Develop new financial / transactions services that can seamlessly be provided via the Company retail channel. This is a business development role that will involve:
- Commercial negotiations with 3rd party financial service providers
- Assist with the development of technical solutions to activate the Company channel to offer such services
- Roll-out of new transaction platforms eg international money transfer, prepaid card vending etc….
- Implementing the necessary processes and control in conjunction with Finance / Central Services to ensure effective control of these new services.
- Assist with the promotion and marketing of such new services in conjunction with the financial service providers
- Coordinate the necessary training of staff to provide such services
- Act as a liason between Company and financial service providers
The person will be expected to devote at least 50% of his/her time in shops engaging with shop supervisors and staff, on the job training, trouble shooting, merchandising assistance etc... The candidate will be expected to visit each shop in the Company network at least twice a month.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years experience in retail / sales environment.
- Exposure to Mobile Money and/or financial/banking services is an advantage
- Good presentation skills, and high proficiency in both spoken and written English.
- A strong sales bias with key competencies in the areas of sales logistics, business development, marketing and retail/distribution.
- University graduate in any discipline, preferably marketing studies.
- A very result-oriented approach is essential.
- Strong ability to implement controls and ensure staff adherence to processes
- Ability to deal with large staff compliments
- Pragmatic and ability to make quick decisions
- Developed interpersonal skills - an extrovert personality with an ability to engage with staff and management colleagues to achieve results
- Negotiation skills
- Positive attitude to continual change and adaption
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
· Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
· Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
· Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
· Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to email@example.com
· Only successful candidates will be contacted
Deadline: 23rd November, 2012
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline