Job Title: Field Operations Manager
Organisation: National Cooperative Business Association (NCBA)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
The National Cooperative Business Association – CLUSA Uganda is seeking highly qualified individuals to support a United States Department of Agriculture funded project to increase smallholder farmers’ incomes through adoption of conservation agriculture techniques in Uganda.
Key Result Areas:
· Responsible for designing and documenting technical interventions that are both sustainable and meet donor requirements as part of the contractual agreement;
· Provide oversight and mentoring to technical staff ensuring timely work plans and accomplishments towards funding agreement goals;
· Responsible for consolidated monthly work plans, budget projections as well as projections towards indicators completion;
· Lead role in ensuring collaborative efforts with program stakeholders such as farmers, farmer groups, government, other nongovernmental organizations working in the target zones, and all private sector and third party partners/implementers;
· Attend and represent the program at official meetings with government and other partners in a professional manner; and
· Participate in new business development efforts.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· Degree in agriculture, business, or cooperative development field with a minimum of 8 years management experience.
· Strong computer and communication skills.
· Previous work in rural areas a must; preferably northern Uganda.
How to Apply
Application letters and CV with 3 traceable referees including immediate supervisors should be sent to Chief of Party, CLUSA Uganda, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org , with the position title clearly referenced in the subject line. Please provide daytime contact telephone number. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th November, 2012