Job Title: Information Systems Officer
Reference: DFIDJOB- 0269
Closing date: 15 October 2012
Interview date: Not Specified
Number of vacancies: 1
Salary: Uganda shillings 31,261,538 - Uganda shillings 40,415,385 per annum
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Job Summary: The Information Systems Officer will be responsible for the provision of all IT services, including the Electronic Information and Records Management systems for DFID Uganda and the BHC Kampala. They will ensure the availability and reliability of the Information Systems infrastructure and offering technical advice and guidance to users. They will be required to work closely with the Regional DFID and FCO IT Managers.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide helpdesk support to all users in DFID and the BHC.
- Effectively manage the electronic information and record management systems of DFID and the BHC and provide day-to-day assistance and guidance on information management.
- Manage, monitor, and report on the performance of the existing Information Systems infrastructure to ensure that it is within agreed service level agreement targets.
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all hardware and licensed software.
- Carry out server administration e.g. adding new machines, creating new data shares.
- Overseeing the roll out and implementation of both hardware and software upgrades and provide user support for the roll out of new systems.
- Enforce IT Security Procedures and ensure the integrity of the network is maintained.
- Provide basic end user training on the DFID and BHC IT and information management systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Bachelors degree or equivalent in an Information Technology/Information Systems related field
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience in information systems and a helpdesk environment
- Experience in maintaining and managing electronic information and record management systems
- Experience of IT change processes and implementing new systems, would be an advantage
- Experience of Firewalls, VPNs and Satellite Communications
Skills and Knowledge
- Good working knowledge of networking and PC infrastructure
- Basic knowledge of desktop publishing and web design, would be an advantage.
- Excellent work planning and organisational skills.
- Planning and Delivery of work
- Analysis and use of Information
- Decision Making
- Communicating with Others
- Working with Others
How to apply
Please send your CV (including contact information for three work related referees), a one page statement describing your suitability for this position and completed positive action approach form by e-mail to email@example.com
Indicate the Job position in the subject title e.g. “Information Systems Officer Vacancy.”
Please only e-mail the requested documents, do not send or attach copies of certificates, diplomas or references.
The deadline for submission of applications is 15th October 2012.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted and will be required to bring original certificates and documentation for verification.
The British High Commission and DFID Uganda are Equal Opportunities Employers. We welcome all applicants, irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, creed, beliefs or age. Selection is on merit.
Applicants must be legally authorised to work in Uganda.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline