Government of Uganda through the Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development requires the services of qualified and experienced persons for the posts indicated below to work at the Petroleum Exploration & Production Department (PEPD), Entebbe. These persons will report to the Commissioner, Petroleum Exploration & Production Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
· To perform the day to-day functions of the records and information area and assist in providing all- encompassing, information and records management service and to provide a consistently high quality information service on all aspects, of the organization.
· To promote good information management across the organization and to support other teams.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· Bachelor's Degree in Records and Information Management or Library and Information Science or Records and Archives and Management from a recognized institution of higher learning.
· Knowledge and understanding of the state legislation, standards and codes as they relate to records, archives and information management.
· At least two years of practical experience in the use, implementation and administration of EDMS, archives and records systems from a relatively large organization.
· Ability to develop, interpret and apply records management practices.
· Excellent customer service, communication skills and ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
· Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines without supervision.
· Effective complaints handling skills and experience.
· Sound written and oral communication skills, including report writing and policy development.
· Demonstrated ability in the development, organizing and delivery of relevant training material and programmes.
· Understanding, acknowledgement and practical experience in managing confidential information, including the requirement of limiting access to some.
Duration of the Assignments: Two years contract (with 6 months’ probation period), renewable upon satisfactory performance.
How to apply:
The Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development now invites eligible individuals to indicate their interest in providing the said services. Those interested must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (curriculum vitae, indicating detailed qualifications, expertise and experience in similar assignments). Application letter should be accompanied by copies of CVs with three referees, academic certificates, transcripts and other relevant documents must be delivered to the address below by 11.00 a.m. on the 4th Day of October, 2012. Address for Submission: The Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development, P.O. Box 7270, Kampala, Uganda. Location: Amber House, Kampala Road. Tel: 256-414-344-414. Attn: The Principal Personnel Officer, Room A 213.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com