Job title: Software Engineer (Males/ Females)
Duty Station: BRAC Uganda Country Office, Kampala.
BRAC, one the largest Non-Governmental Development Organization in the world, working in a number of countries in Africa and Asia on poverty alleviation Programs, is registered in Uganda as BRAC Uganda. The organization implements integrated development approach combining Education, Health, Agriculture, Livestock, Adolescent Empowerment, and Micro finance. For more information please visit BRAC’s website www.brac.net.
BRAC Uganda invites applications from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill up the vacant position above:
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Developing and maintaining different types of in-house software such as Health, Microfinance, and Human Resource Systems.
· Coordinating with field level IT officers for efficient performance.
· Maintaining and developing overall IT Infrastructures of more than 200 offices located in different districts of Uganda.
· Generating on-demand information and reports for all departments.
· Automating new Branch Offices.
· Generating different types of financial reports (i.e. Trend report, Trial balance, Balance sheet, Income statements, etc, for monthly submission to Accounts department and BRAC Head Office at large.
· Perform any other IT related assignments.
· Will be reportable to the Senior Manager IT BRAC International.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· BBA /MBA with majors in Marketing.
· At least 10-15 years of proven work experience in the field of marketing Agriculture products, will be of great added advantage.
· Computer literacy is a must especially knowledge in the use of Microsoft office suit.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
· Demonstrated abilities to work and coordinate with other staffs. Ability to work under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications together with their CV, 2 passport size photographs, Recommendation letter from LC 1, Photocopies of Educational certificates and transcripts, to: Manager Human Resource Department, BRAC Uganda, Busingiri zone in Nyanama off Entebbe Road, P 0 Box 31817 Clock Tower Kampala, before 17th August 2012.
NB: Please indicate your day time telephone contacts.
For More Ugandan jobs, Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com