Job Title: Data Entrants (2 Positions)
Job Purpose: Enter process and update tsetse and trypanosomiasis data in COCTU Data Base.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake periodic field data collection, analysis, and update data base design.
- Participate in Uganda Trypanosomiasis Control Council and COCTU Website design and update.
- From time to time provide information on tsetse and trypanosomiasis data to different interested Stakeholders.
- Successful applicant will directly be supervised by COCTU GIS Analyst on day-to-day basis.
· The Applicants should be Ugandans holding an Advanced Level Certificate of Education and Advanced Diploma in Information Technology and relevant Qualification in the same from a recognized institution.
· Applicants should be knowledgeable with previous working experience in raw data capture, tabulation, editing, guarding against data error and are familiar workings with the following IT areas: -
o Data Base Management Systems (DBMS).
o Data Base Design Management, data collection and analysis.
o Object oriented programming and website design and management.
· Some previous experience in handling tsetse and Trypanosomiasis data will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
The Coordinating Office for Control of Trypanosomiasis in Uganda (COCTU), a Secretariat of Uganda Trypanosomiasis Control Council (UTCC) which is an Agency of Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) advertises the above vacancies:
All applications should be addressed to:
The Chairman Technical Committee of the Coordinating Office for Control of Trypanosomiasis in Uganda (COCTU),
P. O. Box 16345, Wandegeya
The COCTU offices are situated on Buganda Road between FAO and Ministry of Public Service, KAMPALA (U)
For more Ugandan Jobs, Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com