Our Client is a development finance institution that is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the above vacancy;
Overall purpose: The Librarian shall be responsible for manning the library as well as providing efficient library and research services to the Bank. The position will ensure that materials are current and accessible, and available to library users when required and will take charge of the Archives including electronic records.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Establish and implement library and information policies and procedures in conjunction with the ICT Manager.
· Develop and maintain collections management policies and procedures.
· Develop and ensure implementation of policies governing the management and use of the registry and archives.
· Organise library and archive materials in a professional manner to ensure that all information is easily accessible.
· Perform original cataloguing and classification of print, audio-visual and electronic Resources.
· Develop and maintain special indexing systems and files for special collections.
· Take charge of the organization of library and archive materials.
· Create an accurate inventory of all resources. Ensure efficient retrieval of materials by users.
· Determine the type of cataloguing required.
· Develop and maintain cataloguing procedures.
· Designed a database of cataloguing data.
· Process resources for placement on shelves.
· Create and file cards in the shelf list. Index materials for pamphlet collection.
· Acquire library material in order to equip the library with the relevant materials. Establish and manage the budget for library, media and information services.
· Develop and manage cost-effective library services.
· Search for and order materials to effectively stock the library.
· Keep record of all Bank manuals and make sure amendments are annexed appropriately.
· Provide library services in response to the information needs of library users.
· Respond to daily on-site requests for information.
· Train library users to effectively search the Library catalogue, Internet and other electronic resources.
· Provide an interlibrary loan service for both book and audiovisual materials and up to date maintain records.
· Maintain circulation files, records and statistics.
· Ensure that exiting staff have returned all library materials before they are cleared by the Bank.
· Liaise with Country Offices to ensure that similar information management systems are established.
· Establish systems of sharing information/ documents across the region.
· Archive old books/ documents according to an approved system.
· Secure the archives and advise management on any anticipated risks.
· Prepare reports related to library, media and information services, resources and activities.
· Carryout any other duties assigned by Management
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
· Degree in Library and Information Science
· Training in computerised information management
· Knowledge of computerized information database systems
· Knowledge of library systems for cataloguing, acquisitions and searching, on-line information
· 5-years’ experience relevant experience in a well-established library or information management facility
· Ability to establish information management policies, procedures and systems
· Ability to manage a library registry and archive and their collection
· Computer skills including the ability to operate computerized library, spreadsheet, word-processing, email, and database at a highly proficient level. Ability to conduct research
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· High level of Integrity and confidentiality
· Interpersonal skills
· Planning and organising skills
· Results orientation and attention to detail
· Initiative and pro-activity
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Research skills
How to Apply:
Please follow the instructions as stated below as failure to do so could lead to disqualification.
1. Send an Application letter and CV/Resume.
2. Merge these two documents into one document in either word or pdf format.
3. Do not attach or send any scanned documents, these are sometimes too large for our inbox.
4. Include the job title and/or reference number in the subject line of the email address and send your application by email to email@example.com
5. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For all other inquiries please contact our offices directly.
Deadline: 26th July 2012
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com