Heifer International Uganda (Hi-Uganda) begun operations in Uganda starting in Gulu in 1982, and has continued un- interrupted to work with families in the conflict region. Heifer International has currently spread nationwide, supporting over 100 farmers’ groups (both active and weaned) in 68 districts nationwide. Program interventions have been in nutritional security, household income and poverty reduction through livestock-integrated farming. Through the famous zero grazing farming system, which is nationally synonymous with Heifer International; Heifer International-Uganda has provided a reliable source of food and nutrition, income and self-esteem to over 4.5 million resource constrained persons since it began Heifer International Uganda has continued to expand her programs in different other interventions. Heifer International Uganda therefore wishes recruit professional personnel to fill the position below.
Position: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Senior Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala
Supervises : None
Duties & Responsibilities
· Prepare payment requests/vouchers, ensure proper coding, compliance to internal procurement procedures, authorization levels, have all stamped with a ‘PAID’stamp and ensure proper filing of the same.
· Write cheques and enter them in the register with running balances, batch numbers, ensuring that only entered vouchers/ checks are forwarded for verification/signing;
· Daily/timely capture of financial data in to the Solomon system software;
· Prepare quarterly funds release letters for projects’ activities
· Receive cash and cheques, and issue receipts for all on behalf of the Organization, bank it regularly and intact
· To be the custodian of the office main safe and ensure all cash and other non-cash Organization assets therein are secure at all times
· Manage petty cash, maintain the cash book register and produce weekly cash counts and monthly cash reconciliations;
· Communicate to all payees of any anomalies in their requests, including bouncing checks making follow up with the respective banks to ensure timely correction of any irregularities;
· To act as a bank agent for the organization in handling all out going and in coming correspondence like: Funds transfers (TT), bank statements. Credit advices etc;
· Prepare timely staff monthly PAYE/Withholding Tax, NSSF, Prov Fund returns to URA, NSSF as a statutory requirement and Provident fund manager respectively.
· Perform monthly reconciliation matrix on petty cash account, NSSF and PAYE including withholding tax;
· Prepare monthly/ quarterly Project reports as assigned by the supervisor;
· Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor in line with your responsibilities and capacity.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· A Degree (Accounting, Finance or Business Administration) with at least 3 years accounting; Professional accreditation of a CPA/ ACCA is desirable;
· Ability to compile, analyze, interpret, and present financial reports and projections;
· This position requires a person who is a quick learner, very energetic, vibrant, flexible, a resilient young person with ability to meet tight deadlines;
· Hands on skills and experience of Solomon Accounting Package; Financial reporting and auditing requirements are essential;
· Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision with highly organized good communication skills to relate well with the team and partners.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send or drop in an application letter including CV, references, to The Country Director, Heifer International Uganda, Plot 8A Kafu Road, Nakasero. P.O. Box 28491 Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline date: 20th July, 2012.
For More Ugandan Jobs, Please Visit http://ugandanjobline.blogspot.com